It’s been quite a while since last we heard from reader favorite Bullet, but that’s understandable – the transition from human to robot is a delicate and time-consuming process. That’s right: in a plot twist straight out of a science fiction thriller, the Chi-town emcee’s merged with the machine to become Mr. Robotic. Has the switch affected his sound? It’s too early to tell for sure, but unreleased track Beat Steady Knocking is a little different from the propulsive, Slot-A produced club bangers for which he’s best known in the Booth. Here, Cool Kid Chuck Inglish serves up a laid-back, appropriately metallic-sounding synth instrumental (complete with a chopped-and-screwed hook sampled from Gorilla Zoe‘s Hood Figga) as Robotic spits bars brimming with braggadocio and pop-culture references: “I’m so VIP just like a private screening / You are Bruce Almighty, I must be Morgan Freeman.” So, does Bullet by any other name still sound as fresh? If you think so, keep it locked to DJBooth.net, as well as the artist’s newly-launched official site, worldofrobotic.com, for all the latest from the Windy City up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 03/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.