It’s been quite a while since last we heard from reader favorite Bullet, but that’s understandable – the transition from human to robot is a delicate and time-consuming process. That’s right: in a plot twist straight out of a science fiction thriller, the Chi-town emcee’s merged with the machine to become Mr. Robotic. Has the switch affected his sound? It’s too early to tell for sure, but unreleased track Beat Steady Knocking is a little different from the propulsive, Slot-A produced club bangers for which he’s best known in the Booth. Here, Cool Kid Chuck Inglish serves up a laid-back, appropriately metallic-sounding synth instrumental (complete with a chopped-and-screwed hook sampled from Gorilla Zoe‘s Hood Figga) as Robotic spits bars brimming with braggadocio and pop-culture references: “I’m so VIP just like a private screening / You are Bruce Almighty, I must be Morgan Freeman.” So, does Bullet by any other name still sound as fresh? If you think so, keep it locked to DJBooth.net, as well as the artist’s newly-launched official site, worldofrobotic.com, for all the latest from the Windy City up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 03/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.