It’s been quite a while since last we heard from reader favorite Bullet, but that’s understandable – the transition from human to robot is a delicate and time-consuming process. That’s right: in a plot twist straight out of a science fiction thriller, the Chi-town emcee’s merged with the machine to become Mr. Robotic. Has the switch affected his sound? It’s too early to tell for sure, but unreleased track Beat Steady Knocking is a little different from the propulsive, Slot-A produced club bangers for which he’s best known in the Booth. Here, Cool Kid Chuck Inglish serves up a laid-back, appropriately metallic-sounding synth instrumental (complete with a chopped-and-screwed hook sampled from Gorilla Zoe‘s Hood Figga) as Robotic spits bars brimming with braggadocio and pop-culture references: “I’m so VIP just like a private screening / You are Bruce Almighty, I must be Morgan Freeman.” So, does Bullet by any other name still sound as fresh? If you think so, keep it locked to DJBooth.net, as well as the artist’s newly-launched official site, worldofrobotic.com, for all the latest from the Windy City up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 03/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.