It’s been quite a while since last we heard from reader favorite Bullet, but that’s understandable – the transition from human to robot is a delicate and time-consuming process. That’s right: in a plot twist straight out of a science fiction thriller, the Chi-town emcee’s merged with the machine to become Mr. Robotic. Has the switch affected his sound? It’s too early to tell for sure, but unreleased track Beat Steady Knocking is a little different from the propulsive, Slot-A produced club bangers for which he’s best known in the Booth. Here, Cool Kid Chuck Inglish serves up a laid-back, appropriately metallic-sounding synth instrumental (complete with a chopped-and-screwed hook sampled from Gorilla Zoe‘s Hood Figga) as Robotic spits bars brimming with braggadocio and pop-culture references: “I’m so VIP just like a private screening / You are Bruce Almighty, I must be Morgan Freeman.” So, does Bullet by any other name still sound as fresh? If you think so, keep it locked to DJBooth.net, as well as the artist’s newly-launched official site, worldofrobotic.com, for all the latest from the Windy City up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 03/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.