It’s been quite a while since last we heard from reader favorite Bullet, but that’s understandable – the transition from human to robot is a delicate and time-consuming process. That’s right: in a plot twist straight out of a science fiction thriller, the Chi-town emcee’s merged with the machine to become Mr. Robotic. Has the switch affected his sound? It’s too early to tell for sure, but unreleased track Beat Steady Knocking is a little different from the propulsive, Slot-A produced club bangers for which he’s best known in the Booth. Here, Cool Kid Chuck Inglish serves up a laid-back, appropriately metallic-sounding synth instrumental (complete with a chopped-and-screwed hook sampled from Gorilla Zoe‘s Hood Figga) as Robotic spits bars brimming with braggadocio and pop-culture references: “I’m so VIP just like a private screening / You are Bruce Almighty, I must be Morgan Freeman.” So, does Bullet by any other name still sound as fresh? If you think so, keep it locked to DJBooth.net, as well as the artist’s newly-launched official site, worldofrobotic.com, for all the latest from the Windy City up-and-comer.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.