Herbs walk among us. It may be frightening to contemplate, but that doesn’t make it any less true – there are people out there who look, walk and talk like serious heads, but can’t even be bothered to Listen to the words of a dope record. Here to separate the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the chaff, the true fans from the lames is Booth newcomer Mr. SOS with the lead single off his latest street album. Ricky Raw‘s rolling blend of breaks, funky organ riffs and vocal samples makes it tempting to simply nod along, but be sure to keep your Vernicke’s Area (the part of your temporal lobe responsible for speech comprehension) active as you do so; otherwise, you may may not get the full impact of the ATL native’s verses, which come jam-packed with witty braggadocio, trash-talk and tightly-wound rhyme schemes: “Iron lungs with a fire tongue, like Friar Tuck, lightin’ up getting’ high as f*ck…” Oh, and you risk getting drop-kicked in the nuts. If you have nuts, that is. Made it through without losing SOS’ train of thought? Give yourself a pat on the back – and keep it locked for the latest on SOS’ Cassette Verité mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.