Herbs walk among us. It may be frightening to contemplate, but that doesn’t make it any less true – there are people out there who look, walk and talk like serious heads, but can’t even be bothered to Listen to the words of a dope record. Here to separate the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the chaff, the true fans from the lames is Booth newcomer Mr. SOS with the lead single off his latest street album. Ricky Raw‘s rolling blend of breaks, funky organ riffs and vocal samples makes it tempting to simply nod along, but be sure to keep your Vernicke’s Area (the part of your temporal lobe responsible for speech comprehension) active as you do so; otherwise, you may may not get the full impact of the ATL native’s verses, which come jam-packed with witty braggadocio, trash-talk and tightly-wound rhyme schemes: “Iron lungs with a fire tongue, like Friar Tuck, lightin’ up getting’ high as f*ck…” Oh, and you risk getting drop-kicked in the nuts. If you have nuts, that is. Made it through without losing SOS’ train of thought? Give yourself a pat on the back – and keep it locked for the latest on SOS’ Cassette Verité mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/25/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.