In the summer of 2002, indie rap duo Smilez and Southstar scored a Top 40 hit with Crash the Party lead single Tell Me, thanks in part to a catchy sample from Marvin Gaye and Diana Ross’ Stop Look Listen (To Your Heart). Despite several attempts to drop another album (including the BET Uncut classic Good Look), the duo were unable to escape the “one-hit wonder” stigma, a fact that ultimately led to their demise. On his latest solo single, Mr. Smilez heads out to forget his cares and simply enjoy his city’s Nite Life (being the home of Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, and Magic basketball, the O-Town scene is one of the strongest in the nation). R&B singer Lloyd decides to stop by and join the party, contributing hook vocals and a closing verse over Dakari‘s propulsive beat. The Nite Life only gets more fun in the summertime, so look for Mr. Smilez to pick up spins galore when The Sponge drops this summer.
Written by Burmy on 04/8/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.