“Hip-hop has gone global,” may be a well-worn cliché in our corner of the ‘net, but it’s only grown more accurate with time—whether your tastes run to French crunk or Basque hip-hop/folk fusion, it’s a good bet you can find what you’re looking for with a quick Google search (Shadkahn and Musika Armatu Komando, if anyone’s interested). Likewise, gritty street lyricism is something that can be found in any locale; take Mr. Probz, a Netherlands-repping singer/emcee readers may remember from his hook on Tha Advocate‘s Where I Come From. On mixtape cut All Falls Down, Probz joins forces with a few stateside talents to showcase his uniquely weathered sung and rapped vocal stylings over a downbeat, tension-fraught beat by Aftermath in-house producer Focus. After the headliner spits his pensive opener, NYC emcees Grafh and Sha Stimuli jump on board to spit equally hard-hitting guest bars—the latter notably references Alex Trebek, Atari, and Jeremih in the course of one short verse. If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to grab a copy of Probz’ Sound of a Gun mixtape when it drops later this summer.
Written by richard on 06/23/09
Submit your Rating
Ultra Records/Sony Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.