“Hip-hop has gone global,” may be a well-worn cliché in our corner of the ‘net, but it’s only grown more accurate with time—whether your tastes run to French crunk or Basque hip-hop/folk fusion, it’s a good bet you can find what you’re looking for with a quick Google search (Shadkahn and Musika Armatu Komando, if anyone’s interested). Likewise, gritty street lyricism is something that can be found in any locale; take Mr. Probz, a Netherlands-repping singer/emcee readers may remember from his hook on Tha Advocate‘s Where I Come From. On mixtape cut All Falls Down, Probz joins forces with a few stateside talents to showcase his uniquely weathered sung and rapped vocal stylings over a downbeat, tension-fraught beat by Aftermath in-house producer Focus. After the headliner spits his pensive opener, NYC emcees Grafh and Sha Stimuli jump on board to spit equally hard-hitting guest bars—the latter notably references Alex Trebek, Atari, and Jeremih in the course of one short verse. If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to grab a copy of Probz’ Sound of a Gun mixtape when it drops later this summer.
Written by richard on 06/23/09
Submit your Rating
Ultra Records/Sony Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.