Recently, Mr. J Medeiros and Stro Elliott, the twin masterminds behind underground crew The Procussions, set up a Kickstarter account to raise funds for a new studio album, making clear that the possibility of their comeback hinged entirely on meeting their goal. Well, the fans came through and that new LP is in the works, but Medeiros didn’t want to wait till the project was finished to demonstrate his gratitude; thus, he’s released new promo single Two Light Beams as a little extra “thank you” to the people who made it all possible. Here, Stro’s jazzy throwback boardwork sets the mood as Mr. J lets his mind wander, reflecting on his quest to balance worldly success with artistic integrity in off-the-cuff, yet intricate bars. Craving more? While you wait for further details on the aforementioned Procussions LP, you can still cop the duo’s last project, the Up ‘Till Now street album, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.