If there’s one event liable to send someone spiraling into self-doubt, it’s being dumped and watching your ex immediately run to the arms of—well, anyone, really; whether it’s a slicked-up jerk or jerk-ette you know will treat her (or him) badly or just some sensitive shmoe who’s better at playing guitar than you (true story), constantly seeing your former squeeze with someone who isn’t you just plain sucks, and anyone who’s been in that unenviable position will be able to relate to Mr. Hudson‘s latest feature. Originally previewed on an album sampler released two weeks ago, potential single Anyone But Him finds the London-based singer lamenting the loss of his lady to a flashy hustler with expensive rims. As on Supernova, G.O.O.D. Music boss Kanye West does double-duty—in addition to teaming up with the headliner to craft a downtempo, synth-driven beat, Yeezy makes a guest appearance as the aforementioned female’s new fella, mercilessly taunting his protégé with the steamy details. Depending on your personal romantic history, this might be a painful track to swallow Straight No Chaser, but those who find themselves humming along can find plenty more on Hudson’s stateside debut, set to hit stores August 4th.
Written by richard on 07/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paranoid (Remix) ft. Kanye West & Mr. Hudson" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.