Famous for gambling, prostitution, and short-lived marriages, Las Vegas, Nevada is often referred to by the moniker “Sin City.” Def Jam signee Mr. Finley, however, represents not the glitzy, neon-lit Strip area, but the rougher streets of West Vegas. On the latest single off his forthcoming debut album, Finley takes listeners on a guided tour of his neighborhood, flowing over an epic synth-string beat by DJ Toomp. Def Jam‘s got a sizable stack of chips riding on the success of the artist and his forthcoming The Talented Mr.Finley LP (which has yet to receive a release date); will they strike it rich or end up penniless? Booth-heads can get a better idea later this month, when we premiere Mr. Finley’s contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by Burmy on 09/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Any Night Of The Week" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.