Famous for gambling, prostitution, and short-lived marriages, Las Vegas, Nevada is often referred to by the moniker “Sin City.” Def Jam signee Mr. Finley, however, represents not the glitzy, neon-lit Strip area, but the rougher streets of West Vegas. On the latest single off his forthcoming debut album, Finley takes listeners on a guided tour of his neighborhood, flowing over an epic synth-string beat by DJ Toomp. Def Jam‘s got a sizable stack of chips riding on the success of the artist and his forthcoming The Talented Mr.Finley LP (which has yet to receive a release date); will they strike it rich or end up penniless? Booth-heads can get a better idea later this month, when we premiere Mr. Finley’s contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by Burmy on 09/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Any Night Of The Week" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.