If Happy Days were set not in 1950s Milwaukee but in today’s West Vegas, well, it would be a completely different show, but this new mixtape cut by Sin City up-and-comer Mr. Finley would make a perfect theme song. On his first Booth feature, the recent Def Jam signee (who would, of course, play the part of Arthur Fonzerelli in my imaginary sitcom) describes the routine he follows on the usual—Any Night of the Week, you can find him out drinking, toking up, partying, and gettin’ it in with Vegas’ many ladies of the night. Though Finley’s debauched rhymes leave a few questions unanswered (Does he sleep during the day? If so, when does he get around to recording music?), the rapper’s engaging delivery makes such minor quibbles dissipate like a cloud of ganja smoke. Complete with a fittingly swanky mix of strings and staccato organ riffs by Don Cannon (who could play, um, Arnold—nah, he can be Fonzie too.), this hedonistic jam is the perfect introduction to an up-and-comer with every chance of putting America’s foremost party city on the hip-hop map. Want to hear more from The Talented Mr. Finley? Stay tuned for more info on his debut full-length, set to drop later this year off Ghet-O-Vision/Def Jam.
Listen to More: Mr. Finley Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sin City" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.