If Happy Days were set not in 1950s Milwaukee but in today’s West Vegas, well, it would be a completely different show, but this new mixtape cut by Sin City up-and-comer Mr. Finley would make a perfect theme song. On his first Booth feature, the recent Def Jam signee (who would, of course, play the part of Arthur Fonzerelli in my imaginary sitcom) describes the routine he follows on the usual—Any Night of the Week, you can find him out drinking, toking up, partying, and gettin’ it in with Vegas’ many ladies of the night. Though Finley’s debauched rhymes leave a few questions unanswered (Does he sleep during the day? If so, when does he get around to recording music?), the rapper’s engaging delivery makes such minor quibbles dissipate like a cloud of ganja smoke. Complete with a fittingly swanky mix of strings and staccato organ riffs by Don Cannon (who could play, um, Arnold—nah, he can be Fonzie too.), this hedonistic jam is the perfect introduction to an up-and-comer with every chance of putting America’s foremost party city on the hip-hop map. Want to hear more from The Talented Mr. Finley? Stay tuned for more info on his debut full-length, set to drop later this year off Ghet-O-Vision/Def Jam.
Written by richard on 07/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sin City" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.