Absent from our pages since way back in April of 2009, when he introduced himself with the reader-approved All Falls Down, Mr. Probz returns with a new record guaranteed to make Waves in the Booth. Premiering along with director Teemong‘s official visuals, this unreleased cut sees the Dutch emcee and singer taking a break from flowing to create a full-blown ballad with (to quote the promo material) “a Johnny Cash feel.” Over a melancholy live-band beat co-produced by the artist along with Mihai Piscoiu, Probz showcases his distinctive, weathered vocal style as he pines after a woman who seems to be “drifting away” from him with each passing day. This poignant jam isn’t part of a forthcoming project, but readers who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for the latest on studio debut The Treatment, due out this summer.
Written by richard on 05/3/13
Submit your Rating
Ultra Records / Sony Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Falls Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.