Absent from our pages since way back in April of 2009, when he introduced himself with the reader-approved All Falls Down, Mr. Probz returns with a new record guaranteed to make Waves in the Booth. Premiering along with director Teemong‘s official visuals, this unreleased cut sees the Dutch emcee and singer taking a break from flowing to create a full-blown ballad with (to quote the promo material) “a Johnny Cash feel.” Over a melancholy live-band beat co-produced by the artist along with Mihai Piscoiu, Probz showcases his distinctive, weathered vocal style as he pines after a woman who seems to be “drifting away” from him with each passing day. This poignant jam isn’t part of a forthcoming project, but readers who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for the latest on studio debut The Treatment, due out this summer.
Written by richard on 05/3/13
Submit your Rating
Ultra Records/Sony Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Falls Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)