While Telephuck, the lead single off Mr. MFN eXquire‘s major-label debut project, seemed to be more about grimy lyrical fireworks than making a coherent point, don’t let that fool you into thinking the Universal Republic rhymesayer doesn’t have anything to say. On the contrary, as he claims on this newly-released, two-part project standout, the knowledge he’s dropping is so Earth-shattering that the government and media are doing everything in their power to suppress him. As for what The Message he’s trying to impart is, I’ll let y’all decide for yourselves. Whether or not you can untangle the web of words he weaves over Blue Sky Black Death‘s twin instrumentals—the former a quirky, minimal sample-driven groove, the latter a more ominous electronic arrangement—the record packs a powerful one-two punch. Those feeling it can hear plenty more from eXquire on the Power & Passion EP, released today to online retailers.
Written by richard on 11/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.