While Telephuck, the lead single off Mr. MFN eXquire‘s major-label debut project, seemed to be more about grimy lyrical fireworks than making a coherent point, don’t let that fool you into thinking the Universal Republic rhymesayer doesn’t have anything to say. On the contrary, as he claims on this newly-released, two-part project standout, the knowledge he’s dropping is so Earth-shattering that the government and media are doing everything in their power to suppress him. As for what The Message he’s trying to impart is, I’ll let y’all decide for yourselves. Whether or not you can untangle the web of words he weaves over Blue Sky Black Death‘s twin instrumentals—the former a quirky, minimal sample-driven groove, the latter a more ominous electronic arrangement—the record packs a powerful one-two punch. Those feeling it can hear plenty more from eXquire on the Power & Passion EP, released today to online retailers.
Written by richard on 11/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.