In 1913, a man calling himself the Prophet Noble Drew Ali founded the Moorish Science Temple of America, an unorthodox Islamic sect whose primary tenets included the belief that African Americans were descended from medieval Muslim inhabitants of Morocco. With his mind on spiritual matters following his return from a recent hiatus, Mr. MFN eXquire makes the religious leader the centerpiece of his next mixtape’s lead single, a track which he has stated epitomizes the project’s tone. Over CONSTOBUZZ’ cloudy, claustrophobic production, the Crown Heights native mixes the offbeat lyricism his fans know and love with allusions to religious and political matters (including a shout-out to the late Fred Hampton). Intrigued by eXquire’s new direction? The watch our pages for more fresh singles leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of new street album Kismet.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.