For reasons that should be self-evident, “weed record” and “motivational anthem” are categories with relatively little overlap. Mr. Melody‘s Booth debut, however, is one of the rare cuts that lands smack-dab in the middle of that Venn diagram. Presented here in its officially remixed form, Cut It Cut It finds the American-born, Jamaican-bred emcee ready to take on the world—right after he’s finished smoking his blunt. Joining the headliner over Cris Jon‘s martial percussion rhythm, wailing soul samples and triumphant brass, Bolo and D-Block vet Styles P. demonstrate their own commitment to the hustle, and their THC tolerance, on the guest tip. A street banger that’ll get you fired up while you fire one up, Cut It Cut It is just one of many quality jams to be found on DJ Don Cannon-hosted mixtape The Cantagian, dropping digitally December 27.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
Road Runnaz Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.