For reasons that should be self-evident, “weed record” and “motivational anthem” are categories with relatively little overlap. Mr. Melody‘s Booth debut, however, is one of the rare cuts that lands smack-dab in the middle of that Venn diagram. Presented here in its officially remixed form, Cut It Cut It finds the American-born, Jamaican-bred emcee ready to take on the world—right after he’s finished smoking his blunt. Joining the headliner over Cris Jon‘s martial percussion rhythm, wailing soul samples and triumphant brass, Bolo and D-Block vet Styles P. demonstrate their own commitment to the hustle, and their THC tolerance, on the guest tip. A street banger that’ll get you fired up while you fire one up, Cut It Cut It is just one of many quality jams to be found on DJ Don Cannon-hosted mixtape The Cantagian, dropping digitally December 27.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
Road Runnaz Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.