For reasons that should be self-evident, “weed record” and “motivational anthem” are categories with relatively little overlap. Mr. Melody‘s Booth debut, however, is one of the rare cuts that lands smack-dab in the middle of that Venn diagram. Presented here in its officially remixed form, Cut It Cut It finds the American-born, Jamaican-bred emcee ready to take on the world—right after he’s finished smoking his blunt. Joining the headliner over Cris Jon‘s martial percussion rhythm, wailing soul samples and triumphant brass, Bolo and D-Block vet Styles P. demonstrate their own commitment to the hustle, and their THC tolerance, on the guest tip. A street banger that’ll get you fired up while you fire one up, Cut It Cut It is just one of many quality jams to be found on DJ Don Cannon-hosted mixtape The Cantagian, dropping digitally December 27.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
Road Runnaz Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.