Everyone wants to see their name on The Marquee, but few stop to consider the real cost of fame. On Mr. J. Medeiros’ latest promo single, the Colorado Springs underground mainstay criticizes the lust for recognition from multiple angles, demonstrating the emptiness that underlies celebrity’s glittering facade and criticizing the public for deifying individuals who haven’t achieved anything of lasting value. Over Stro Elliot‘s chopped-sample production, he demands: “What did you do that people worship, did you cure cancer? / What have you done that they’re so grateful you are at their table?” Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming solo project, fans can look forward to a new LP from Medeiros’ crew, The Procussions—that is, if they hit 100% on their Indiegogo campaign. Click here to learn how to donate, and peep the exclusive merchandise they’re offering as incentives. In the meantime, The Procussions’ last project, best-of compilation Up Till Now, is still available for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.