Last heard recounting a dysfunctional love affair on Neon Signs, Mr. J. Madeiros takes another crack at male-female relations on follow-up selection Swallow (Innuendo not intended… I think?). The Stare (composed of Madeiros, Stro the 89th Key and Luke Atencio) handle production, cooking up a spare yet driving electronic beat as the Procussions alum shares some characteristically complex lyrical musings on the topic of romance. For more, check out Madeiros’ new album,Saudade, scheduled to drop June 14.
Written by richard on 06/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.