With a smooth vibe and message, Mr. J. Medeiros delivers yet again with Old Man Perez. The bonus cut, not featured on his new album, Saudade, is set against an almost acoustic and angelic choir backdrop, where the multi-talented Medeiros flexes his skills by singing, rapping and producing (with the help of his new production team The Stare). After a few listens you begin to scratch the surface of the deep track, as your mind can’t help but to wander as the harmony plays in the background and you wonder, am I Old Man Perez? For musical questions, and answers, await on Saudade, out now.
Written by ThroatChopU on 07/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.