After taking a trip to The Rockies back in June, Mr. J Medeiros is back at work and has issued one of the world’s most common refrains, I Hate My Job. For I Hate My Job, Medeiros teams up with perpetual collaborator and former Procussions band mate Stro Elliot, who provides the production to go along with some rhymes of his own. Behind the boards, Elliot makes good use of a sample from Grand Funk Railroad’s Inside Looking Out and creates a truly banging beat. On the mic, Medeiros and Elliot provide an instantly relatable narrative of the daily grind, detailing the lives of the working man with lines like, “Steel toe walking with my heel swole, fought for every meal, saw the clock and how it feels slow.” While I Hate My Job isn’t attached to any particular project, keep your eyes and ears locked to The DJBooth for the latest from Medeiros!
Written by Dillon White on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.