After taking a trip to The Rockies back in June, Mr. J Medeiros is back at work and has issued one of the world’s most common refrains, I Hate My Job. For I Hate My Job, Medeiros teams up with perpetual collaborator and former Procussions band mate Stro Elliot, who provides the production to go along with some rhymes of his own. Behind the boards, Elliot makes good use of a sample from Grand Funk Railroad’s Inside Looking Out and creates a truly banging beat. On the mic, Medeiros and Elliot provide an instantly relatable narrative of the daily grind, detailing the lives of the working man with lines like, “Steel toe walking with my heel swole, fought for every meal, saw the clock and how it feels slow.” While I Hate My Job isn’t attached to any particular project, keep your eyes and ears locked to The DJBooth for the latest from Medeiros!
Written by Dillon White on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.