After taking a trip to The Rockies back in June, Mr. J Medeiros is back at work and has issued one of the world’s most common refrains, I Hate My Job. For I Hate My Job, Medeiros teams up with perpetual collaborator and former Procussions band mate Stro Elliot, who provides the production to go along with some rhymes of his own. Behind the boards, Elliot makes good use of a sample from Grand Funk Railroad’s Inside Looking Out and creates a truly banging beat. On the mic, Medeiros and Elliot provide an instantly relatable narrative of the daily grind, detailing the lives of the working man with lines like, “Steel toe walking with my heel swole, fought for every meal, saw the clock and how it feels slow.” While I Hate My Job isn’t attached to any particular project, keep your eyes and ears locked to The DJBooth for the latest from Medeiros!
Written by Dillon White on 08/23/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)