Plenty of cuts are tailor-made for late nights or lazy afternoons, but it’s rarer that you find a record suited for the hours between sunrise and 12:00 PM. On a new promo single, Cali-repping Booth regular Mr. J Medeiros comes together with Dutch producer Beatsofreen to craft the perfect Forenoon jam. Subtle synth ambiance enfolds a contemplative piano loop as the emcee delves into the intricacies and contradictions of his inner life: “Who am I to despise myself, and love me at the same time?” This low-key meditation on life and art isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted as Medeiros reveals more details regarding his 2014 plans. In the meantime, his latest LP as one-half of The Procussions is still available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.