Plenty of cuts are tailor-made for late nights or lazy afternoons, but it’s rarer that you find a record suited for the hours between sunrise and 12:00 PM. On a new promo single, Cali-repping Booth regular Mr. J Medeiros comes together with Dutch producer Beatsofreen to craft the perfect Forenoon jam. Subtle synth ambiance enfolds a contemplative piano loop as the emcee delves into the intricacies and contradictions of his inner life: “Who am I to despise myself, and love me at the same time?” This low-key meditation on life and art isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted as Medeiros reveals more details regarding his 2014 plans. In the meantime, his latest LP as one-half of The Procussions is still available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.