Plenty of cuts are tailor-made for late nights or lazy afternoons, but it’s rarer that you find a record suited for the hours between sunrise and 12:00 PM. On a new promo single, Cali-repping Booth regular Mr. J Medeiros comes together with Dutch producer Beatsofreen to craft the perfect Forenoon jam. Subtle synth ambiance enfolds a contemplative piano loop as the emcee delves into the intricacies and contradictions of his inner life: “Who am I to despise myself, and love me at the same time?” This low-key meditation on life and art isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted as Medeiros reveals more details regarding his 2014 plans. In the meantime, his latest LP as one-half of The Procussions is still available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.