Plenty of cuts are tailor-made for late nights or lazy afternoons, but it’s rarer that you find a record suited for the hours between sunrise and 12:00 PM. On a new promo single, Cali-repping Booth regular Mr. J Medeiros comes together with Dutch producer Beatsofreen to craft the perfect Forenoon jam. Subtle synth ambiance enfolds a contemplative piano loop as the emcee delves into the intricacies and contradictions of his inner life: “Who am I to despise myself, and love me at the same time?” This low-key meditation on life and art isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted as Medeiros reveals more details regarding his 2014 plans. In the meantime, his latest LP as one-half of The Procussions is still available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.