Plenty of cuts are tailor-made for late nights or lazy afternoons, but it’s rarer that you find a record suited for the hours between sunrise and 12:00 PM. On a new promo single, Cali-repping Booth regular Mr. J Medeiros comes together with Dutch producer Beatsofreen to craft the perfect Forenoon jam. Subtle synth ambiance enfolds a contemplative piano loop as the emcee delves into the intricacies and contradictions of his inner life: “Who am I to despise myself, and love me at the same time?” This low-key meditation on life and art isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted as Medeiros reveals more details regarding his 2014 plans. In the meantime, his latest LP as one-half of The Procussions is still available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing Without Providence" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.