On his last promo single, featured on our pages back in March, Mr. Hudson promised to take a lucky woman across the dancefloor just like Fred Astaire. Between then and now, the London singer/songwriter and producer came to a realization that threw a kink into his plans; as he puts it in the opening lines of his latest effort, “Englishmen cannot dance / They think they can, but they can’t.” The inability to Move with music seems like quite a handicap, but Hudson has other allurements up his sleeve—foremost among them, the sensual falsetto he showcases over his and Eg White‘s shapeshifting production. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; this uniquely catchy jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the G.O.O.D. Music signee’s plans as further details emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Mr Hudson’s Rankin and Vicky Lawton-directed Move visual.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paranoid (Remix) ft. Kanye West & Mr. Hudson" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.