According to Greek myth, all of the world’s ills can be traced back to a young woman who just couldn’t resist opening a mysterious jar. (The proverbial “box” is apparently a mistranslation—thanks, Wikipedia!) Those who hit play on Pandora’s Jukebox, however, don’t have to worry about any negative consequences… except, perhaps, a budding addiction to the music of San Antonio-born rhymesayer Mr.Composition. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, Rulerwhy‘s enigmatic strings and keys accompany the emcee as he reflects on the power of quality beats and rhymes to captivate human minds. Fellow Texan Kree23BN spits a frenetic guest 16 on the back, and DeJay provides an artfully dissonant guest hook. Animator Maxim Northover ties the package together with some creative claymation visuals. Fans can hear more on the artist’s Graffiti the Mind LP, released in July via indie label Boom Bap Masterpiece.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
Boom Bap Masterpiece
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.