Some R&B artists take their cues from hip-hop and adopt a cocky front when dealing with women. R&B group MPrynt, on the other hand, aren’t afraid to get a little vulnerable. The Motown Records foursome’s latest single and first Booth feature finds Tyce, Fa, Rael and Buddha begging for mercy from a chick who’s got them under her thumb: “You got me like, ‘Girl, Don’t Hurt Me!’” Their impassioned vocal interplay comes backed by the sweeping production of heavyweight duo Pop & Oak, whose former half will be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive Behind the Boards interview this Thursday. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on MPrynt’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.