Some R&B artists take their cues from hip-hop and adopt a cocky front when dealing with women. R&B group MPrynt, on the other hand, aren’t afraid to get a little vulnerable. The Motown Records foursome’s latest single and first Booth feature finds Tyce, Fa, Rael and Buddha begging for mercy from a chick who’s got them under her thumb: “You got me like, ‘Girl, Don’t Hurt Me!’” Their impassioned vocal interplay comes backed by the sweeping production of heavyweight duo Pop & Oak, whose former half will be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive Behind the Boards interview this Thursday. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on MPrynt’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.