Some R&B artists take their cues from hip-hop and adopt a cocky front when dealing with women. R&B group MPrynt, on the other hand, aren’t afraid to get a little vulnerable. The Motown Records foursome’s latest single and first Booth feature finds Tyce, Fa, Rael and Buddha begging for mercy from a chick who’s got them under her thumb: “You got me like, ‘Girl, Don’t Hurt Me!’” Their impassioned vocal interplay comes backed by the sweeping production of heavyweight duo Pop & Oak, whose former half will be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive Behind the Boards interview this Thursday. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on MPrynt’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.