In this post-Rebirth music game, it takes some serious cojones to release a record featuring Auto-Tuned singing over driving rock guitar. On their latest mixtape single, emcee-producer duo Moxie Black follow that risky recipe – and the result is… well… So Much Better. Over a dry and concise groove that could’ve come straight out of an early Strokes joint (courtesy of Dekk), rapper Illaj recounts the devastating emotional effects (and liquor-soaked aftermath) of seeing his girl at the spot with another fella. Though this story’s one we’ve all heard before (heck, some unlucky readers may even have experienced it firsthand), the tune itself is one of the catchiest I’ve heard in a minute, and those backing “da-da-da”s on the hook push it into “damned near irresistible” territory. What do you think, Booth readers? If you’ve become a fan, stay tuned; we’ll be bringing you another leaked cut and an exclusive “In the Mix” interview in the lead-up to the August 18, arrival of Moxie Black’s latest street album, the DJBooth-sponsored How Did This Happen?
Written by richard on 08/3/10
Submit your Rating
Spread Label/iLLa Baby
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Risky Bizness" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.