For those of you who have always wondered, “how would Jay-Z sound on a reggae track?” we here at the DJBooth are proud to answer that question for you! Taking up a majority of the remix to Mavado‘s underground hit, On The Rock, Hova shows off his ability to handle producer Baby G’s powerful low-bass beat with ease. Naturally, the Roc(k) holds a lot of significance in S-Dot’s life; from the drugs he used to sell on the streets to the label with the legacy. Versatility is the sign of a great emcee, so if there was ever any doubt that Jay-Z is the definition of a great MC, On The Rock should create some new believers.
Written by Burmy on 03/4/08
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to the East ft. Sizzla, Movado & Uncle Murda" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.