For those of you who have always wondered, “how would Jay-Z sound on a reggae track?” we here at the DJBooth are proud to answer that question for you! Taking up a majority of the remix to Mavado‘s underground hit, On The Rock, Hova shows off his ability to handle producer Baby G’s powerful low-bass beat with ease. Naturally, the Roc(k) holds a lot of significance in S-Dot’s life; from the drugs he used to sell on the streets to the label with the legacy. Versatility is the sign of a great emcee, so if there was ever any doubt that Jay-Z is the definition of a great MC, On The Rock should create some new believers.
Written by Burmy on 03/4/08
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to the East ft. Sizzla, Movado & Uncle Murda" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.