I have to admit, when I pressed play on the latest feature from M.O.P., I didn’t expect to hear the reverb-drenched keyboard intro from Tears for Fears’ 1985 hit, Head Over Heels. But I’ll be damned if Lil Fame and Billy Danze don’t manage to make that sample sound tough as hell on 187, a new single off their seventh studio album. Over Fizzy Womack‘s boom-bap boardwork, the East Coast vets warn all who will listen that there’s a homicide in progress, and they’re the perpetrators. The victims? Pretty much everyone, from R&B singers to businessmen to groupies. DJ Premier assists behind the wheels of steel. The Mash Out Posse’s next LP has yet to receive either a title or a release date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For the City ft. M.O.P. & Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)