I have to admit, when I pressed play on the latest feature from M.O.P., I didn’t expect to hear the reverb-drenched keyboard intro from Tears for Fears’ 1985 hit, Head Over Heels. But I’ll be damned if Lil Fame and Billy Danze don’t manage to make that sample sound tough as hell on 187, a new single off their seventh studio album. Over Fizzy Womack‘s boom-bap boardwork, the East Coast vets warn all who will listen that there’s a homicide in progress, and they’re the perpetrators. The victims? Pretty much everyone, from R&B singers to businessmen to groupies. DJ Premier assists behind the wheels of steel. The Mash Out Posse’s next LP has yet to receive either a title or a release date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For the City ft. M.O.P. & Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.