I have to admit, when I pressed play on the latest feature from M.O.P., I didn’t expect to hear the reverb-drenched keyboard intro from Tears for Fears’ 1985 hit, Head Over Heels. But I’ll be damned if Lil Fame and Billy Danze don’t manage to make that sample sound tough as hell on 187, a new single off their seventh studio album. Over Fizzy Womack‘s boom-bap boardwork, the East Coast vets warn all who will listen that there’s a homicide in progress, and they’re the perpetrators. The victims? Pretty much everyone, from R&B singers to businessmen to groupies. DJ Premier assists behind the wheels of steel. The Mash Out Posse’s next LP has yet to receive either a title or a release date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For the City ft. M.O.P. & Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.