Just who is Tommy Bundy? A mix of fashion icon Tommy Hilfiger and infamous serial killer Ted Bundy perhaps? Or maybe a blend of Oakland Raiders linemen Tommy Kelly and ‘90s sitcom dad Al Bundy? Then again, maybe the title of OCD’s new DJBooth premiere is a reference to 1910 U.S. tennis champion Tommy Bundy. (Highly unlikely). Whatever the origins of the name there are a few things that aren’t open to interpretation, namely the schizophrenically percussive, jittery beat from producer Darell Robinson. There’s also really no mystery behind the rhymes that Moosh and Twist, who collectively comprise OCD, lay down on the track; their verses are just as off the map as the beat their rhyming over: “Y’all make me sick, feel like I’m throwin up / I’m Peter Pan, I’m never growin up.” In the words of Shakespeare, “What’s in a name? Wouldn’t Tommy Bundy by any other name sound just as dope?” Ok, so that’s not an exact quote, but you get the point. While Bundy isn’t currently attached to a larger project, fans of OCD can go back and cop the groups’ previous album The Welcome Mat, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Me Back" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)