Just who is Tommy Bundy? A mix of fashion icon Tommy Hilfiger and infamous serial killer Ted Bundy perhaps? Or maybe a blend of Oakland Raiders linemen Tommy Kelly and ‘90s sitcom dad Al Bundy? Then again, maybe the title of OCD’s new DJBooth premiere is a reference to 1910 U.S. tennis champion Tommy Bundy. (Highly unlikely). Whatever the origins of the name there are a few things that aren’t open to interpretation, namely the schizophrenically percussive, jittery beat from producer Darell Robinson. There’s also really no mystery behind the rhymes that Moosh and Twist, who collectively comprise OCD, lay down on the track; their verses are just as off the map as the beat their rhyming over: “Y’all make me sick, feel like I’m throwin up / I’m Peter Pan, I’m never growin up.” In the words of Shakespeare, “What’s in a name? Wouldn’t Tommy Bundy by any other name sound just as dope?” Ok, so that’s not an exact quote, but you get the point. While Bundy isn’t currently attached to a larger project, fans of OCD can go back and cop the groups’ previous album The Welcome Mat, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Me Back" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.