Just who is Tommy Bundy? A mix of fashion icon Tommy Hilfiger and infamous serial killer Ted Bundy perhaps? Or maybe a blend of Oakland Raiders linemen Tommy Kelly and ‘90s sitcom dad Al Bundy? Then again, maybe the title of OCD’s new DJBooth premiere is a reference to 1910 U.S. tennis champion Tommy Bundy. (Highly unlikely). Whatever the origins of the name there are a few things that aren’t open to interpretation, namely the schizophrenically percussive, jittery beat from producer Darell Robinson. There’s also really no mystery behind the rhymes that Moosh and Twist, who collectively comprise OCD, lay down on the track; their verses are just as off the map as the beat their rhyming over: “Y’all make me sick, feel like I’m throwin up / I’m Peter Pan, I’m never growin up.” In the words of Shakespeare, “What’s in a name? Wouldn’t Tommy Bundy by any other name sound just as dope?” Ok, so that’s not an exact quote, but you get the point. While Bundy isn’t currently attached to a larger project, fans of OCD can go back and cop the groups’ previous album The Welcome Mat, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Me Back" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.