Though MOOSE met a positive reception when he made his DJBooth debut with LP single AGNB back in October, the Sin City recording artist and producer’s taken his sweet time with feature numero dos. With that said, his latest effort could hardly have arrived at a better moment. Time to Set Sail is late-summer banger par excellence, driven by the breezy, bossa nova-informed boardwork of the headliner and co-producer Juanito. The instrumental’s languid feel doesn’t stop MOOSE from going hard on the lyrical tip. His self-assured verses come complete with a few caustic barbs for the competition: “Don’t get up out of pocket, you’ll get sacked into a coffin / Being fake and being lame: a terrible concoction.” Feeling it? More awaits on the artist’s Loyalty LP, scheduled for release on Tuesday, November 5.
Written by richard on 08/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.