Although his latest visual release is perfect for the wee hours of the morning (as the title suggests), MOOSE’s Night Owl/City Lights (Remix) can be enjoyed at any time of the day or night—that is, if you enjoy chill, smooth hip-hop…but, really, who doesn’t? MOOSE’s flow helps to establish the laid-back, cooler-than-the-other-side-of-the-pillow vibe, but so do his lyrics. The Vegas native raps about smoking, ladies and of course rapping: things we all love. He casually glides atop his own production, which switches gears midway through, when he is joined by cohorts Chelsea G and Jeff Bernat. The overall foggy, yet silky vibe, however, holds steady throughout the two-parter’s running time. For more smoothness, check out the artist’s Loyalty album when it drops next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.