If Booth newcomer MOOSE ever offers you a ride, accept at your own risk; as the emcee/producer boasts on the current single off his latest full-length, he’s got a lead foot and a deep aversion to slowing his roll. Terrifying as it would be on the interstate, his All Gas, No Brakes approach is pleasantly exhilarating when applied in the musical arena. Here, the artist takes the opportunity to show off his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; backed by his own string samples and frantic percussion, he shakes his head at those who choose to take their sweet time achieving, stressing that, as far as he’s concerned, there’s not a moment to lose. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on new album You Win Some You Lose Some, available for download via Bandcamp as of October 23.
Written by richard on 10/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time to Set Sail" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.