If Booth newcomer MOOSE ever offers you a ride, accept at your own risk; as the emcee/producer boasts on the current single off his latest full-length, he’s got a lead foot and a deep aversion to slowing his roll. Terrifying as it would be on the interstate, his All Gas, No Brakes approach is pleasantly exhilarating when applied in the musical arena. Here, the artist takes the opportunity to show off his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; backed by his own string samples and frantic percussion, he shakes his head at those who choose to take their sweet time achieving, stressing that, as far as he’s concerned, there’s not a moment to lose. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on new album You Win Some You Lose Some, available for download via Bandcamp as of October 23.
Written by richard on 10/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time to Set Sail" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.