A man wants what he wants, and what Mookie Jones wants is good money, good women, good weed and a steady stream of good music emanating from his studio. On his latest release What I Want, the P.A.N. creator grabs a supremely cool instrumental from Cardo that’s the epitome of understated. On the mic Mookie gets his unapologetic mack on, letting the competition know that not even a wedding ring will stop him from swopping their girl. It’s a lifestyle the always high Smoke DZA knows only too well, dropping by with a guest verse that’s guaranteed to raise the buzz around Jones’ upcoming Mack album, due out August 14.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Skeleton Key" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.