A man wants what he wants, and what Mookie Jones wants is good money, good women, good weed and a steady stream of good music emanating from his studio. On his latest release What I Want, the P.A.N. creator grabs a supremely cool instrumental from Cardo that’s the epitome of understated. On the mic Mookie gets his unapologetic mack on, letting the competition know that not even a wedding ring will stop him from swopping their girl. It’s a lifestyle the always high Smoke DZA knows only too well, dropping by with a guest verse that’s guaranteed to raise the buzz around Jones’ upcoming Mack album, due out August 14.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Skeleton Key" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.