It’s been more than six months since Mookie Jones released his DJBooth-sponsored P.A.N. (Playa Ass N*gga) street album, but is it ever too late to pick up an Outstanding set of tunes? We think not, and evidently the Houston emcee agrees, as he’s returned to our pages to reignite listener interest with the world premiere of the latest video single off the project. Orbit Didi Films craft cinematic visuals to accompany the record, which finds Mookie lacing Street Symphony‘s Far Eastern-informed sample work with laid-back, self-confident meditations on the grind. While acknowledging the hardships of his hustle, he ultimately affirms that the opportunity to stack some paper—and, with the help of his ever-increasing money and status, to get with some of the women who previously wouldn’t give him the time of day—makes all the struggles worthwhile. As he puts it on the hook, “[It’s] heaven and hell in the same shell / The game hurts but the money is the pain pill.” Craving more exceptional tunes? Then click here to stream and/or download P.A.N. for free in the Booth. Watch for Mookie Jones’ next project, MACK (featuring production from Cardo and DJ Burn One), to arrive on the ‘net next month.
Written by richard on 05/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Skeleton Key" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.