Featured this past June, Mook N Fair‘s Who’s Your Daddy earned an impressive 3.75-star average from our readers. That kind of greatness is damned hard to improve upon but, with this newly-released West Coast Remix, they may just have topped themselves. Everything that made the original a Booth smash is retained, from the Conn. duo’s bankroll-flaunting verses and sung interludes to J. Stone‘s banging boardwork, sampled from the Zombies’ Time of the Season, but DJ Webstar‘s been switched out for reader favorite Nipsey Hussle. It’s no surprise that the West Coast revivalist shines on the guest verse tip, but his bars are head-turning nonetheless – he blazes the track without breaking a sweat, dialing up the momentum with a flow that just plain fits. Is the Slauson Boy’s contribution the tweak this cut needed to graduate from “really good” to “great?” You be the jury. Fans of either version should keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on Mook N Fair’s The Secret’s Out LP, which has yet to receive a release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 09/29/09
Submit your Rating
GS Entertainment/Brooklyn Knights
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who's Your Daddy" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.