Yo, is it me, or does this sound exactly like the Shop Boyz “Rockstar?” Montana, with a cameo by DJ Unk gives us Rock On, produced by Montana, and Mike & Pitt off the Savior Fair Entertainment and Koch Records. Equal parts Hood Rock, Knock Off, Graduated Metal Rap and 100% Diss, Rock On does something really fascinating: it rips on rock stars with all of its artifice but also uses rock music as its sample. Hmm. Better not to think about think about this one and just let that distorted electric guitar do its job.
Written by jackson on 06/22/07
Submit your Rating
Savior-Fair Ent/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl from the South ft. Nephu" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.