Taken literally, the title of Montage Øne‘s new single may not be all that intimidating. I mean, by definition, isn’t the best assassin one you see only once—or better yet, not at all? It becomes considerably doper once you realize that album inclusion Return of the Assassin (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is intended as an homage to Recycled Assassins, a record which Montage wrote and produced for Xzibit‘s 1998 40 Days & 40 Nights LP. While Masterkraftsman and DJ Flash takes the headliner’s place behind the boards, they imbue their sampled beat with plenty of the original joint’s chilly, pensive ambiance. For his part, Montage exudes the same confident aggression he exuded more than a decade ago, lacing the instrumental with blood-soaked chronicles of life and death in the streets. Fans will be able to find this cut, last month’s Chain Sinatra and more on Montage’s 10.6.3 OGXM LP, scheduled to hit the ‘net September 25. Click here to pre-order the project!
Written by richard on 09/11/12
Stimulus One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black SpaceShips" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)