Taken literally, the title of Montage Øne‘s new single may not be all that intimidating. I mean, by definition, isn’t the best assassin one you see only once—or better yet, not at all? It becomes considerably doper once you realize that album inclusion Return of the Assassin (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is intended as an homage to Recycled Assassins, a record which Montage wrote and produced for Xzibit‘s 1998 40 Days & 40 Nights LP. While Masterkraftsman and DJ Flash takes the headliner’s place behind the boards, they imbue their sampled beat with plenty of the original joint’s chilly, pensive ambiance. For his part, Montage exudes the same confident aggression he exuded more than a decade ago, lacing the instrumental with blood-soaked chronicles of life and death in the streets. Fans will be able to find this cut, last month’s Chain Sinatra and more on Montage’s 10.6.3 OGXM LP, scheduled to hit the ‘net September 25. Click here to pre-order the project!
Written by richard on 09/11/12
Submit your Rating
Stimulus One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black SpaceShips" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.