Lying can be a great way to build credibility when you don’t deserve it. (Remember how Vanilla Ice supposedly grew up in the ‘hood and went to high school with Luther Campbell?) Unfortunately, there’s always gonna be someone with the determination, and the connects to unmask you for the fraud you are. (Remember how that turned out for Vanilla Ice?) Seeing that the latest generation of rappers seems to have forgotten the mortifying lessons of their progenitors, Montage One offers a powerful reminder of the value of realness on Lie #1—a Booth-exclusive world premiere, and the final song release off his forthcoming album. Backed by DJ Babu‘s catchy sample work, the veteran emcee sits an archetypical fake down in the interrogation chair, watching the mendacious spitter squirm and he unravels his deceptions. International crew The Foreign Exchange and singer YaHzarah tie it all together with some melodious backing vocals. Dropping tomorrow, 10.6.3 OGX is available now for pre-order in both a full version and a clean, DJ edition.
Written by richard on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
Stimulus One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black SpaceShips" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.