Being an artist on the road may be stressful, but it has its perks: you get to see the sights, perform in front of screaming fans, and even enjoy a little groupie love. And if you’ve got someone waiting for you at home… well, what happens on tour stays on tour, right? Not so fast. On newly-leaked album cut Find One, making its world premiere as the 15th entry in DJBooth and Event Electronics’ 20/20 Music Series, Montage One joins forces with rapper-producer Jake One to give his industry peers a reality check. Led off with a famous snippet from ‘89 film Harlem Nights, Jake’s funky sample work bangs in the back as he and the Los Angeles representer exhort fellas to give their women the love and respect they deserve—that means chocolate on Valentine’s and birthdays, spending time with the kids, and no breezy on the side (Or, if you must, don’t be stupid about it.) This insightful jam, along with previous 20/20 Music cut Black Spaceships, can be found on 10.6.3 OGX, due out in February. Keep it locked for further world premieres throughout the remainder of November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by richard on 11/14/11
Submit your Rating
Stimulus One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black SpaceShips" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.