Old Blue Eyes was dapper, no question, but in hindsight there was a little something missing from his wardrobe. I’m talking, of course, about ostentatiously fly gold jewelry. On new single Chain Sinatra, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Cali underground spitter Montage One puts a hip-hop spin on the Rat Pack icon’s timeless swagger, hooking up with guest feature duo Durag Dynasty to deliver suave lyrical fire over brassy, sampled boardwork by Dirtydiggs. Fans will be able to find this dope, retro-informed banger, the Ras Kass/Guilty Simpson-assisted Beat2Def and much more on Montage’s 10.6.3 OGX album, scheduled for release September 11.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
Stimulus One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black SpaceShips" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.