We in The DJBooth take pride in shining the spotlight on up-and-coming hip-hop acts before they break through, but we just might have outdone ourselves this time. Today, we present the first feature and debut mixtape leak from Monster House, a Wisconsin crew which officially formed this past weekend. Though they’re just starting their journey as a crew, the trio are already shooting for the stars, as evidenced by the newly-released Clips. Here, beatsmith Audiopilot flips Henry Hill’s famous monologue from gangster classic Goodfellas into the centerpiece of a driving, piano-led beat, which emcees SpeakEasy and Panic proceed to lace with verses detailing their lofty ambitions and their determination to succeed. How about it, Booth readers: is this freshly-minted three-piece destined to take over the hip-hop game? Debate away—or withhold judgment till you’ve had a chance to listen to their Mad Bloggers-presented Raiders of the Lost Art tape, tentatively scheduled to drop April 20.
Written by richard on 03/1/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.