We in The DJBooth take pride in shining the spotlight on up-and-coming hip-hop acts before they break through, but we just might have outdone ourselves this time. Today, we present the first feature and debut mixtape leak from Monster House, a Wisconsin crew which officially formed this past weekend. Though they’re just starting their journey as a crew, the trio are already shooting for the stars, as evidenced by the newly-released Clips. Here, beatsmith Audiopilot flips Henry Hill’s famous monologue from gangster classic Goodfellas into the centerpiece of a driving, piano-led beat, which emcees SpeakEasy and Panic proceed to lace with verses detailing their lofty ambitions and their determination to succeed. How about it, Booth readers: is this freshly-minted three-piece destined to take over the hip-hop game? Debate away—or withhold judgment till you’ve had a chance to listen to their Mad Bloggers-presented Raiders of the Lost Art tape, tentatively scheduled to drop April 20.
Written by richard on 03/1/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.