We in The DJBooth take pride in shining the spotlight on up-and-coming hip-hop acts before they break through, but we just might have outdone ourselves this time. Today, we present the first feature and debut mixtape leak from Monster House, a Wisconsin crew which officially formed this past weekend. Though they’re just starting their journey as a crew, the trio are already shooting for the stars, as evidenced by the newly-released Clips. Here, beatsmith Audiopilot flips Henry Hill’s famous monologue from gangster classic Goodfellas into the centerpiece of a driving, piano-led beat, which emcees SpeakEasy and Panic proceed to lace with verses detailing their lofty ambitions and their determination to succeed. How about it, Booth readers: is this freshly-minted three-piece destined to take over the hip-hop game? Debate away—or withhold judgment till you’ve had a chance to listen to their Mad Bloggers-presented Raiders of the Lost Art tape, tentatively scheduled to drop April 20.
Written by richard on 03/1/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.