We in The DJBooth take pride in shining the spotlight on up-and-coming hip-hop acts before they break through, but we just might have outdone ourselves this time. Today, we present the first feature and debut mixtape leak from Monster House, a Wisconsin crew which officially formed this past weekend. Though they’re just starting their journey as a crew, the trio are already shooting for the stars, as evidenced by the newly-released Clips. Here, beatsmith Audiopilot flips Henry Hill’s famous monologue from gangster classic Goodfellas into the centerpiece of a driving, piano-led beat, which emcees SpeakEasy and Panic proceed to lace with verses detailing their lofty ambitions and their determination to succeed. How about it, Booth readers: is this freshly-minted three-piece destined to take over the hip-hop game? Debate away—or withhold judgment till you’ve had a chance to listen to their Mad Bloggers-presented Raiders of the Lost Art tape, tentatively scheduled to drop April 20.
Written by richard on 03/1/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.