Anyone who recalls their childhood should remember the story of Pinocchio. At the off chance you skipped over an adolescent upbringing, however, the tale is available in an enchanting musical form. On her latest single, Monkia Ashley takes the story of the growing-nosed wooden boy and carries it over to a failed relationship. Like most children’s stories, what makes this effort so powerful is its simplicity. Producer Trevor Trenor‘s minimalist, piano instrumental compliments Ashley but doesn’t get in the way, and as she stands in front of a white backdrop, the Dallas product wows listeners with a passionate vocal performance. There are no bells and whistles present, just Ashley showcasing her tremendous, captivating talent. Pinocchio is not part of anything larger, but be sure to check her last Booth feature, 2012’s In the Water.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!