Anyone who recalls their childhood should remember the story of Pinocchio. At the off chance you skipped over an adolescent upbringing, however, the tale is available in an enchanting musical form. On her latest single, Monkia Ashley takes the story of the growing-nosed wooden boy and carries it over to a failed relationship. Like most children’s stories, what makes this effort so powerful is its simplicity. Producer Trevor Trenor‘s minimalist, piano instrumental compliments Ashley but doesn’t get in the way, and as she stands in front of a white backdrop, the Dallas product wows listeners with a passionate vocal performance. There are no bells and whistles present, just Ashley showcasing her tremendous, captivating talent. Pinocchio is not part of anything larger, but be sure to check her last Booth feature, 2012’s In the Water.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/8/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.