Anyone who recalls their childhood should remember the story of Pinocchio. At the off chance you skipped over an adolescent upbringing, however, the tale is available in an enchanting musical form. On her latest single, Monkia Ashley takes the story of the growing-nosed wooden boy and carries it over to a failed relationship. Like most children’s stories, what makes this effort so powerful is its simplicity. Producer Trevor Trenor‘s minimalist, piano instrumental compliments Ashley but doesn’t get in the way, and as she stands in front of a white backdrop, the Dallas product wows listeners with a passionate vocal performance. There are no bells and whistles present, just Ashley showcasing her tremendous, captivating talent. Pinocchio is not part of anything larger, but be sure to check her last Booth feature, 2012’s In the Water.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.