Anyone who recalls their childhood should remember the story of Pinocchio. At the off chance you skipped over an adolescent upbringing, however, the tale is available in an enchanting musical form. On her latest single, Monkia Ashley takes the story of the growing-nosed wooden boy and carries it over to a failed relationship. Like most children’s stories, what makes this effort so powerful is its simplicity. Producer Trevor Trenor‘s minimalist, piano instrumental compliments Ashley but doesn’t get in the way, and as she stands in front of a white backdrop, the Dallas product wows listeners with a passionate vocal performance. There are no bells and whistles present, just Ashley showcasing her tremendous, captivating talent. Pinocchio is not part of anything larger, but be sure to check her last Booth feature, 2012’s In the Water.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)