Back in August of ‘08, Monica released what she hoped would be her comeback single, Still Standing (also the title track off her forthcoming sixth album). Despite a guest verse by Ludacris and even a VH1 show promoting the record, J Records ultimately decided that its over-the-top style wasn’t fitting for her return to the scene, and thus the singer headed back to the studio for further brainstorming/recording. Fast-forward eight months, and the Booth is proud to present the official first single. Once In A Lifetime finds Mo pleading for her true love to return over a smooth piano beat by Jayo Ferrari. Complete with the mushy R&B sound we know and love, the record may remind some of Mary J. Blige‘s 2005 hit, Be Without You. Expect plenty more crowd-pleasing slow jams on Still Standing, which has yet to receive a solid release date from J Records.
Written by Burmy on 04/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Dozen Roses (You Remind Me)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.