Back in August of ‘08, Monica released what she hoped would be her comeback single, Still Standing (also the title track off her forthcoming sixth album). Despite a guest verse by Ludacris and even a VH1 show promoting the record, J Records ultimately decided that its over-the-top style wasn’t fitting for her return to the scene, and thus the singer headed back to the studio for further brainstorming/recording. Fast-forward eight months, and the Booth is proud to present the official first single. Once In A Lifetime finds Mo pleading for her true love to return over a smooth piano beat by Jayo Ferrari. Complete with the mushy R&B sound we know and love, the record may remind some of Mary J. Blige‘s 2005 hit, Be Without You. Expect plenty more crowd-pleasing slow jams on Still Standing, which has yet to receive a solid release date from J Records.
Listen to More: Monica
Written by Burmy on 04/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dozen Roses" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.