Back in August of ‘08, Monica released what she hoped would be her comeback single, Still Standing (also the title track off her forthcoming sixth album). Despite a guest verse by Ludacris and even a VH1 show promoting the record, J Records ultimately decided that its over-the-top style wasn’t fitting for her return to the scene, and thus the singer headed back to the studio for further brainstorming/recording. Fast-forward eight months, and the Booth is proud to present the official first single. Once In A Lifetime finds Mo pleading for her true love to return over a smooth piano beat by Jayo Ferrari. Complete with the mushy R&B sound we know and love, the record may remind some of Mary J. Blige‘s 2005 hit, Be Without You. Expect plenty more crowd-pleasing slow jams on Still Standing, which has yet to receive a solid release date from J Records.
Written by Burmy on 04/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Dozen Roses (You Remind Me)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.