Back in August of ‘08, Monica released what she hoped would be her comeback single, Still Standing (also the title track off her forthcoming sixth album). Despite a guest verse by Ludacris and even a VH1 show promoting the record, J Records ultimately decided that its over-the-top style wasn’t fitting for her return to the scene, and thus the singer headed back to the studio for further brainstorming/recording. Fast-forward eight months, and the Booth is proud to present the official first single. Once In A Lifetime finds Mo pleading for her true love to return over a smooth piano beat by Jayo Ferrari. Complete with the mushy R&B sound we know and love, the record may remind some of Mary J. Blige‘s 2005 hit, Be Without You. Expect plenty more crowd-pleasing slow jams on Still Standing, which has yet to receive a solid release date from J Records.
Written by Burmy on 04/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Dozen Roses (You Remind Me)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.