Though Monica‘s sixth studio album won overwhelmingly positive feedback in the Booth when it dropped back in March, we haven’t heard a peep from the veteran soul songstress since. What better way then for her to remind us that she hasn’t gone anywhere than with an official remix of current single (and Booth-approved standout cut) Here I Am? Newly-added for this version of the Ester Dean-penned joint, Trey Songz steps into the role of the fella who fulfills the singer’s needs when her main man is off at the club. After lacing Polow Da Don‘s reverb-drenched instrumental with a little soulful call-and-response and some glittering harmonies, the collaborators crescendo to a climax featuring some of the most dazzling vocal pyrotechnics I’ve heard in… well, I can’t think of anything to compare it to right off the top, so it must have been a while. Have Monica and Trey succeeded in breathing new life into this cut? If you think so, you can hear more on the headliner’s Still Standing LP, as well as on Songz’ recently-released junior full-length, Passion, Pain & Pleasure.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dozen Roses" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.