What is it, 1998? First Brandy releases a comeback single, Right Here (Departed), and now her former The Boy Is Mine partner in crime, Monica, does the exact same thing. Still Standing is the Atlanta singer’s first release in over two years. Like Right Here (Departed), the track revels in its over-the-top poignancy, possibly marking a departure from the mushy R&B that made her so famous. Monica’s seen her fair share of hardships (including her boyfriend’s suicide and a bout with depression), and her emotions really come through on this one. Producer Bryan-Michael Cox, who has done extensive work with her before, contributes a beat filled with heavy synths and light piano, while guest Ludacris spits a quick 16. Still Standing will appear on her 6th studio album, also titled Still Standing, due for release later this year.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/18/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dozen Roses" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.