What is it, 1998? First Brandy releases a comeback single, Right Here (Departed), and now her former The Boy Is Mine partner in crime, Monica, does the exact same thing. Still Standing is the Atlanta singer’s first release in over two years. Like Right Here (Departed), the track revels in its over-the-top poignancy, possibly marking a departure from the mushy R&B that made her so famous. Monica’s seen her fair share of hardships (including her boyfriend’s suicide and a bout with depression), and her emotions really come through on this one. Producer Bryan-Michael Cox, who has done extensive work with her before, contributes a beat filled with heavy synths and light piano, while guest Ludacris spits a quick 16. Still Standing will appear on her 6th studio album, also titled Still Standing, due for release later this year.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Dozen Roses (You Remind Me)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)