What is it, 1998? First Brandy releases a comeback single, Right Here (Departed), and now her former The Boy Is Mine partner in crime, Monica, does the exact same thing. Still Standing is the Atlanta singer’s first release in over two years. Like Right Here (Departed), the track revels in its over-the-top poignancy, possibly marking a departure from the mushy R&B that made her so famous. Monica’s seen her fair share of hardships (including her boyfriend’s suicide and a bout with depression), and her emotions really come through on this one. Producer Bryan-Michael Cox, who has done extensive work with her before, contributes a beat filled with heavy synths and light piano, while guest Ludacris spits a quick 16. Still Standing will appear on her 6th studio album, also titled Still Standing, due for release later this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dozen Roses" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.